Username :     
password :  
I lost my password  |  Register  |   | 
Home   Presets   Search   Medias   Download   Support     Contact

New VTX150 Pro plus VC12 Demo vid on you-tube

Everything about valvetronix.net : news and updates, functions, requests, translation problems, bugs, ...

Moderators: Voxman, laurent_56

New VTX150 Pro plus VC12 Demo vid on you-tube

Postby Voxman » 05 Feb 2012, 18:14

Well, here it is guys – my demo vid of the new Vox Valvetronix VTX150 Pro Neodymium amp plus VC12 floor-controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3G0OhB ... ideo_title

With a massive thank you to my very good friends, Mickey and the team at Chiswell Studios in St Albans who recorded and put the video together, this is the first time I’ve left the confines and restrictions of my little ‘den’ at home and gone into a proper studio to make a video.

I’m really pleased with how its came out and (fingers …& toes… nervously crossed!) I really do hope you guys enjoy the vid!

There’s the odd bum note, & a couple of ‘senior moments’ in there (I said Orange drive when I meant Gold (doh!) and I double clicked on the VC12 to leave the modulation on when I said it was off!) But hey, it wouldn’t be a proper ‘Voxman’ vid without these little foibles now would it! lol

Do try out the VTX150 Pro – I’ve no vested interest here (I’m not a Vox employee and not on commission or anything!) but it honestly is a cracking amp that’s loud as sin with balls and bottom end for days. The range of tones you can get from this puppy is just awesome. Hooked up with the VC12/VC12SV it has huge gigging flexibility - and especially with a 1x12” extension cab it’ll blow most other amp rigs off the stage! I’d honestly love one of these for myself, not least because it’s so incredibly light and compact.

And I’m not kidding about the volume! After we finished filming, Mickey sat down at the drums, Martyn plugged a bass in, and we had a fun jam in the studio. I just about got the VTX150 Pro up to a little over half-way without blowing everyone’s ear drums! What was really surprising was just how big and full the Pro sounded when cranked up - the sound from that 1x12” 150w Neodymium speaker just filled the entire room!

Best

Rich (‘Voxman’)
"I started out with nothing ...and I've still got most of it left!" (Seasick Steve)
Voxman
Administrator

Re: New VTX150 Pro plus VC12 Demo vid on you-tube

Postby retrobob » 05 Feb 2012, 19:25

AWESOME! Nice studio work!

Beautifully done, I especially like the BLUE BLAZER, you are a sharp dressed man!
*NOTE!
The WARRANTY comes first! Before any modification is considered, check to see how it effects the product's warranty and weigh the benefits accordingly!

THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT OFFERED WITH DIY MODS! ALL MODIFICATIONS ARE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
retrobob

Postby murphman » 05 Feb 2012, 23:29

Great video. Your guitar playing and the improved production quality are first rate.
murphman

Postby TimC » 07 Feb 2012, 19:36

Yes, great work Rich! Loved the vid. The amp sounds great , and you are playing well too!
VT30 with loop mod.
Washburn X50 with Seymore Duncan humbuckers.
American Deluxe Strat.
TimC

Postby Voxman » 08 Feb 2012, 00:41

Thabks guys - glad you enjoyed the vid :wink:
"I started out with nothing ...and I've still got most of it left!" (Seasick Steve)
Voxman
Administrator

Postby bclarke675 » 13 Jun 2012, 20:47

Loved the vid and your playing! One suggestion for your next vid...using the notation like they did with effects, could you let us know what amp models are being used for each segment? Small quibble, but it would be interesting to know.

Cheers,
Bob
G&L SC-3, Ibanez RG550, Epi SG, Fender G-DEC 3 30, Vox AD60VTX w/ VC12, Carvin XV112, Line 6 JM4 Looper, Vox ToneLab, Cry Baby, Digitech RP1, BBESS, Danelectro 7-band EQ, EHX Hum Debugger, Janglebox and Bad Monkey.

It isn't real unless you feel it!
bclarke675

Postby Voxman » 13 Jun 2012, 23:59

Glad you liked the Vid Bob.

Valid comment re amp model names, & something I did on the VT30 demos - truth is I had the opportunity to use the studio at very short notice and didn't have time to prepare, no script, no plan, so it was all done 'on the fly' & I wasn't familiar enough with all the amp model names (there are 44 of them!) - I had enough to cope with playing, demoing the VC12, and talking.

I'm still only an amateur at all this but I'll try & do better next time ! :wink:
Voxman
Administrator

Return to Valvetronix.net, news, updates, request