I lost my password  |  Register  |   | 
Home   Presets   Search   Medias   Download   Support     Contact

delay problems

General Music Discussion !

Moderators: Voxman, laurent_56

delay problems

Postby hubblestef » 04 Apr 2009, 16:30

hi guys,
Its been a while since i've been on this site - certainly changed a lot!
anyway - can anyone suggest why my delay section on my Ad120VT has stopped working - (i've tried rebooting the amp btw and that hasn't fixed it.) Someone recently said something about a spring breaking? Is this the case and any suggestions where I look?
5 series Ibanez jem, various fenders, a levinson blade and a G&L strat all thru an ad120vt . Not one humbucker amongst them typical eh
hubblestef

Re: delay problems

Postby Voxman » 05 Apr 2009, 01:01

Springs are only found in spring reverb units eg 'Accutronic' reverbs. Old delay units used recording tape (eg WEM Copycat). The delay section in your V'x is entirely digital.

I'm assuming we're talking about purely the amp on its own with no floorcontroller connected.

Are the LED on and do they move between each delay option when you press the button. If no LED is lit then it's possible the problem is 'mechanical' and the delay 'type' button has got stuck in the off position due to dirt/oxidisation. Try spraying a little electrical switch cleaner around the sides of the button and pressing it repeatedly to see if the switch connection can be made.

If not, it's a software problem, or your amp has developed an internal mechanical fault, which will need diagnosis by an amp tech. You've already tried a reboot, but if cleaning doesn't work, try a reboot 2-3 times more as it may not always fix a filepath corruption first time round.

If you can't fix it yourself, talk to Vox technical service to see what they suggest.

Rich
"I started out with nothing ...and I've still got most of it left!" (Seasick Steve)
Voxman
Administrator

Re: delay problems

Postby hubblestef » 16 Apr 2009, 08:53

thanks again voxman - I sprayed around the sides of the button and after pressing and depressing the button for about 5 minutes it started working again - now I can do my v poor rendition of brighton rock once again! The other guys in the band are so not chuffed - i reckon they stuck it down with chewing gum!!
5 series Ibanez jem, various fenders, a levinson blade and a G&L strat all thru an ad120vt . Not one humbucker amongst them typical eh
hubblestef

Return to Anything Else!